Thursday June 24, 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Yeppoon
June 26th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up today to a pretty gross day. We thought we might be able to go out on the water, but it was raining and windy. Daniele went out real early and bought one bed for the house. He wanted us to come with him to pick out the rest of the stuff, so early afternoon he picked us up and we all went to the red cross. We left with two more twin beds and mattresses, a few bureaus and a sofa couch, and some sheets and blankets. Back at the house we got to cleaning and the furniture was delivered. Daniele went out to do some business while the girls and I finished cleaning and organizing. When he got back, we all piled into the truck and headed down to Emu Park, a town a little bit south of Yeppoon. The area really reminds me of home, its very pretty. On our drive north we stopped in the marina where we will be putting the boat out of. Daniele showed us the different boats we will be using throughout the season, and after stopping for a cup of coffee Ginny showed up and we sat and talked to her for a bit. It was still raining at this point, so when it started to get too cold we went home and Daniele cooked vegitarian lasagna. I swear I am going to have to work extra hard to not turn into a balloon, his food is just way to good. After dinner he went through what we will be doing this season now that we are in Yeppoon; different rules while on the boat, the nautical charts and our goals for the next few months. It seems like there is a huge variety in the marine mammal population in the area, so I don’t think I will be getting too bored this summer. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy again, so we are going to go over to the other house and finish cleaning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.8kb