4 August 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
August 4th 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The weather is simply superb at the moment and by 9:00 am the pool at the caravan park was looking particularly inviting.<span><span> We booked in for another night and set off into Townsville where the plan for the day was to visit nearby Magnetic Island.<span>After purchasing some tickets for the ferry we boarded the vessel after taking some sea sickness tablets (the last ferry ride is still haunting us).

All good on this journey as the trek to the island only lasts about 20 minutes.<span> Magnetic Island is mountainous so fortunately there is a fantastic bus service that takes you around the island.<span> First up we took a walk to Nelly Bay and took a swim at the beach.<span> This was the first time we have been able to set foot in the ocean since leaving Broome (one word....crocs) and the water was chilly but a pleasure.<span> The clear weather made taking a few snaps looking back towards Townsville pretty easy and I think we got some gems.

We hopped on a bus to Picnic Bay and had a coffee on the foreshore before heading around to Arcadia Bay where we picked up some great food from a gourmet deli and had lunch on the beach.<span> The final destination was Horeshoe Bay and the ride on the bus took us right up into the mountains giving us some stunning views.<span> The entire island is a sleepy little place but Horeshoe Bay seemed to be bubbling with late afternoon activity.<span> After an icecream and a swim it was time to head back to the wharf to grab the return ferry.

All in all a great day in the sun and definitely a spot you should stay, not just visit, if you get the chance.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.8kb