5 August 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bowen
August 5th 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Townsville was abuzz this morning with a major fun run taking place through the city streets as well as Sunday markets along Flinders Street.<span><span> The market stalls were set up in the heart of the central shopping district and with Sunday trading in full swing it seemed tourists, locals and small business owners were all winners.<span>We had an awesome almond croissant for morning tea and after a trip to the barber it was time to bid Townsville farewell.



The scenery along the drive today saw the mountains slowly recede closer to the horizon with green grazing plains taking their place.<span> We rolled into Bowen mid-afternoon which was home to Baz Luhrmann’s ‘Australia’ during 2007.<span> It looked to be an amazing experience for all involved and the film makers appeared to have been inclusive of the local community with the bulk of the film’s extras coming from the town.

The skinny on Bowen was that it is an awesome place for snorkelling and Rachel jumped at the opportunity to give it another go.<span> We found a spot at the Horseshoe Bay Caravan Park and this was the third time in just over a week (including the return trip to Adelaide) that we have visited a Horseshoe Bay (something in the water).<span> While the snorkelling was not as it was cracked up to be the surrounding beaches and views were astounding and we even had a view of the sea from our spot in the caravan park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb