East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
April 7th 2011
Published: April 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Soooooo... We landed back in Brisbane, met Jason and James Barrett, wondered the river and art galleries, then headed South to Tara (Colettes friend). We then went to Byron Bay where we saw bands, had FREE Chai tea on the green with fire throwers and invited ourselves on a Tasmanian guy's STAG weekened do. It was brilliant. I did not realise how explicit strippers can be. We then got a lift with one of the guys up to the Sunshine Coast. Here we stayed with some great girls for 3 nights, watched films, did Yagolates and went to the beach. Next stop- rainbow beach for Fraser Island.

We had the BEST time. It was Mhairis birthday and she drove most of the 1st day. Along the sand, beach, listening to top tunes. We were in a 4 x 4 with two really nice girls from Surrey and 4 18year old boys. They ended up being really funny and good though. The other cars were also funny. So we cooked steak and potatoe salad and the next day stir fry in the dark, on a wobbly table using a camping cooker. Washing the dishes in the sea after was probably the highlight: "this must be how they do it in Africa", "scrub Charlie, SCRUB" as the waves came. We also had to cross the beach/ "motorway" where the cars drive. Camping under the stars and then going to visit beautiful lakes with fun people! Then came the time when Mhairi was going to meet Cesco in townsville. I did not know what to do! So, when the Northern boys (+ the Austrian they adopted) offered to join them back South, i took it. So we headed to Noosa in the rain, then onto Brisbane. I did not get into a club so stood outside most of the night, then went to a gay bar. next day i did brisbane tour with the lads. Then we headed South again to Surfers Paradise- Slightly Vegas- esque. GOOD times out there in the POURING rain. Sin City. ladies night. Kebabs. We went surfing and I stood up and rode some waves to the beach! next stop, back to Byron Bay. We went to cheeky Monkeys, which is a place set up that the dancefloor is metal covered picnic tables.

The next day was terrible. 7am start- coach to brisbane, flight which only JUST landed as the conditions were so bad, then waited for 3 hours in pouring rain for the ferry then a cab to the hostel in Airley beach. Next day, I met Mhairi and Cesco. We went out for free pizza and dancing times, then packed our bags for the CLIPPER boat. 52 people, heading out to the Whitsundays Islands in the rain. But it was rather fun. Wetsuits and rain. I didn't get seasick, so I am definately manning up!

I then split from Mhairi and Cesco and came to Townsville. Had a night in and then joined a girl going over to visit all the mates she used to work with on Magnetic Island. We had two half decent, sunny days chilling out. Reading Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Very good. AND NOW- I have booked flights to BALI on Saturday. I will then meet Mhairi 4 weeks later in Darwin. The detour was only 200 quid and I am hoping to not spend as much as I am here.

Four months to go! I am missing home, but having an amazing time and cannot wait for Asia and more good times and cool people. LOADS of love. x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb