QLD Road Trip - Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
March 27th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=0Qff7zEdNQE][youtube=kHyLTtDbgf0][youtube=lKCSGA3yETw][youtube=OUhkmOui5dc]
BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

The turkey is lurking in the background...
Day 3: Paluma National Park to Bowling Green Bay National Park

We woke the next day to clear skies and enjoyed our breakfast in the bush surroundings, complete with inquisitive bush turkeys. Under a sunny sky we headed to Little Crystal Creek, a location we were really looking forward to as it had rock pools with natural waterslides!! We had read about this in a magazine and we were more than impressed upon arriving to find some amazing natural formations which made the perfect slides. We spent the next hour on the slides, learning the different angles and approaches from the locals (check out the videos!). One of the pools also provided some great jumping ledges and Dan duly followed the locals lead and took the leaps himself, much to Nat’s worry!

After our swim we set off to do some walks in a much higher area, but still within the Paluma National Park area. The weather changed to light drizzle but we still completed two walks through dense rainforest which was shrouded with low and eerie cloud. Unfortunately the two lookouts didn’t provide much of a view due to the cloud but it was interesting all the same.
Little Crystal CreekLittle Crystal CreekLittle Crystal Creek

Enjoying the fun!!


We left this amazing national park and headed to the next national park on the map, Bowling Green Bay. Again we stopped at a QLD Forestry campsite, this one complete with flushing toilets, complete with tree frog, and hot showers... all for $5 p/p!!

It was Dan’s turn as chef and he whipped up a BBQ of sausages and a gourmet burger. The weather was once again clear so we sat out and enjoyed our wine and meal under the stars. As we were getting ready for bed we became aware of a curious possum who was checking if we left any scraps for his dinner. We managed a few pictures before he realised there was nothing of value and headed to the next campsite leaving us to hit the sack.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Little Crystal CreekLittle Crystal Creek
Little Crystal Creek

The main slide!
JumpJump
Jump

Dan jumping from the highest point... where else?!
LunchLunch
Lunch

Preparing lunch under the cover of the rear door after another storm...
Low CloudLow Cloud
Low Cloud

Spooky...
LookoutLookout
Lookout

After all the effort of climbing to the lookout... there wasnt much to see!!
BridgeBridge
Bridge

Built in the depression to provide jobs... not a bad effort.
Chef DanChef Dan
Chef Dan

An aussie at work...
Happy DanHappy Dan
Happy Dan

Proud of his burger.
Gourmet BBQGourmet BBQ
Gourmet BBQ

Washed down with a cask of red :)
FrogFrog
Frog

Nat accidently flushed him down...
PossumPossum
Possum

He was coming to check out the BBQ
HelloHello
Hello

Saying hello to Nat.


19th April 2010

Hi Guys
I have to say that is one good looking burger Dan. No half measures with our Dan. Don't worry about the frog Nat - They can climb out again. Piece of Piss.

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb