Townsville and Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
July 12th 2005
Published: July 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We have spent a couple of days here in Townsville before heading up to Cairns. We've had a look round the town - its not very big - and been to the sunday market. we bought lots of fresh salad and fruit. IMPORTANT FOOD ANNOUNCEMENT (as they all are): we bought avocados and i have eaten some! i'm not converted, but i wasnt sick. but no mum you cant put them in all food when i return!
yesterday we spent at Magnetic Island which was very nice. we sunbathed on a beach for a couple of hours. and did a bit of walking to and from beach. we also went to another part of the beach and i collected quite a few shells - it reminded me of the time we went to cornwall.
we had a very nice day. the weather has been really good recently. towards the end of our stay in brissie and here its been really sunny and for the 1st 2 days in townsville there were no clouds at all, all day - just clear blue sky. townsville is hotter as we are further north.
today we spent at ReefHQ which is a museum/info centre on the reef and sealife/animals, had some interesting talks on all aspects and lots of interesting tanks of animals etc.
tomorrow we have half a day to kill - probably on the beach (i know it's a tough life) before getting the coach up to Cairns, for our last 2 weeks in Australia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb