Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
July 4th 2005
Published: July 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

we have been in brissie about a week.
we have done a couple of tours including 1 to a rainforest - largest area of subtropical rainforest in world - which was a long walk to a beautiful waterfall. they have been having lots of rain here - its definitely us. as soon as we got to sydney it started raining, for the 1st time in 3 weeks. - as in torrential flooding which caused damage to homes and filled the reservoirs from 40% to 100%. which is good. for them.
anyway this rain meant that the waterfall was flowing well - sometimes it had dried up completely. and it didnt rain on us til later.
FOOD UPDATE we had jam sandwiches, crisps and an apple for lunch and he provided carrot cake and tea (yes... i had a cup - my second one of this trip......) for morning refreshments. we then had a smoothie - raspberry and mango, matt had banana - in afternoon.
we also saw some wallabies and kangas - 3 different types. we did a tree top walk (of sorts) and climbed a slippery ladder up a tree to a look out and saw a few trees, but mostly mist!
we have also been to moreton island, which is the 3rd biggest sand island in world - fraser is first and we have decided not to go to (for various reasons) and went to moreton instead - which was beautiful. saw dolphins playing in water and more great views. we also went sand tabogganing (i dont think thats spelt right but you get the idea) - which involved getting covered in sand, inside as well as outside clothing quite interestingly - i managed to fill a whole pocket full(?).
*UPDATE we went whale watching which was good, although a little choppy which we both felt. and so were glad we'd missed the whitsundays as that'd be all sailing and neither of us seem to have the "legs" for it! there was a couple of far off breeches and we saw some tail fin slapping and them generally swimming.
we also went to australia zoo - crikey mate thats steve irwins zoo. he was there but we didnt see him (apparently he's a lot shorter in real life, so that's probably why!). loads of animals as you'd expect - crocs, snakes, casowearys, birds etc.
we've also been to the museum and art gallery and looked round town. brissie is not as big as sydney or melbourne.
next we're moving onto townsville then up to cairns.
we have less than a month left in Oz - boo hiss.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb