sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 4th 2005
Published: July 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

spent a week or so in sydney. we have been to the opera house a couple of times - and the harbour bridge (we go over bridge on the bus from where we are staying, and so see opera house).
we went on the ferry to a place called manly which has a great beach on the ocean side, and another on the harbour side. had a walk around, very nice.
we have also visited a couple of art galleries and the museum. the contemporary art gallery was very contemporary - chewing gum art for example!
we have also spent time exploring the city.
hugh and dagmar took us to the blue mountains - and it snowed! its meant to be australia. people were able to build snowmen! and on the day you guys had a virtual heatwave. tales of sunburn reaching me.
had a great day - saw the 3 sisters (rocks), pulpit rock - which we had to hang onto the railings just to get onto because the wind was so strong it almost took your legs from under you! did some walking and saw some (more) spectacular views, with and without mist!
we've also seen palm beach and bondi beach, and went to North Head - which had great views to sydney and out into the ocean.
also went to botanic gardens which had lots of wildlife, birds etc.
matt also dragged me to the sydney cricket ground.
next onto brisbane (leaving at 6am, eek!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb