Bunya Mountains national park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
December 10th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bunya Mountains


As I was sleeping outside the tent there was immense dew, and thus I woke up at around 5 o'clock; it was fun to watch fauna and flora awake amidst the rainforest with its lush vegetation; turkeys, parrots and wallabies passing by our tent, fog clearing the rainforest.... just amazing! after exploring the site a little bit more (for finding the entrance for our track; and finding out, that there was some blasting of some huge Bunya tree to happen the next days), I prepared myself some tea and ate my sandwich; after some small chat with our "bullshit"-neighbours, Robert got up, and we prepared our stuff for the expedition; but before we could start, some parrots have been very interested in our food ;-) ... we decided to take the grand tour, as we were not in a hurry... the Bunya-trees are just gorgeous! look for yourself! so huge and tall with such a big diameter and such a big bark! we also passed many a small waterfalls and creeks and also some burnt part of the wood (.. I have heard, that rangers do this intentionally, like Aboriginals did this long time ago, also!..); after getting back to the camping ground, it was time for a big burger with French-fries and some beer (for me) and milk-shake (for Robert), as the tour was pretty long, and we were exhausted, as the temperature has been risen pretty much during the day! during the whole long track we only passed 2 other walking groups! ; after the meal, we decided to relax a little bit.... Robert put his hammock in the shadow of the BBQ-stall and read some book, while I preferred to take a sun-bath; at around 5 o'clock in the afternoon, we decided, not to camp at Bunya Mountain or Girraween national-park, as on the way to Girraween there laid Toowoomba; thus, we headed to our home in Toowoomba, but on another route: via Dalby. on the way towards it, we were passing many remote farms, and some severe thunder and lightning was nearing; so, we decided to stop, to get a great picture of some lightning ... hmmm...decide for yourself, whether it is impressive or not (at least for me it was worthwhile, as I (unintentionally and unconscious) walked into some small anthill, and loads of ants subsequently attacked me); from Dalby back to Toowoomba, it was raining pretty much, and we were happy that we did not camp outside this night; back at home, the other house mates were watching some arch-angel movie, and we joined in; afterwards we went to bed, to be fit for a fresh start the next morning towards Girraween national-park... quite a distinct scenery to Bunya-Mountain rainforest..



Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb