Another day, another move


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Taroom
November 1st 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Did you know today was Melbourne Cup? I didn't realise until we'd turned the TV on about 10 mins before the race started. That isn't too surprising considering I wasn't aware that today was the 1st of November... my first uni exam is only 13 days away... gulp!

We left Wandoan this morning and I think we're getting better at the packing up. Doing some of the pack the day before makes things move much quicker. It was stress-free and much happier all round.

First for today - the caravan toilet had to be emptied. That is all that needs to be said.

Has anyone driven on the Leichhardt Hwy before? For a road that is considered a major route... it's crap! The edges are all broken and it is so bumpy. Even worse is all the oversize loads you come across. Some of them take up 1.5 lanes of the two lane highway (one lane in each direction). I'd hate to be a road train driver and come across one of them in a narrow section.

We pulled into the Taroom caravan park, it's small but there's power and water and clean enough toilets, oh how our standards have dropped over the course of a week! For $15.00 a night you can't complain. We decided to set up the annex to give us a bit more living space. I don't believe I mentioned the fun time that Ryan and my dad had putting the annex up for the first time... let's just say there was a bit of swearing, throwing of things and blaming the annex company for such a stupid design.

Today Ryan watched the 'how to' dvd that came with the annex before we started and it went up quick, easy and with no cursing. The extra space is a fantastic change, Noah can access inside and outside without us having to worry about him too much. There was a moment of escape, but that was quickly solved... I think we need to stop joking about Noah being a ninja in training, it seems to be giving him ideas about stealth and such.

Noah seems to get very unsettled on move days, so he has been a horror this afternoon. I think we all get cranky as it's hot and sweaty setting up the caravan. Poor munchkin. His molars are still pushing through and when he gets tired and cranky it all gets too much. It probably didn't help that he tried to ride his little push car too far back on the seat and ended up on his back with his car on top of him. First cut lip.

I know we've only been doing this for a bit over a week, but I really like it. I miss my friends and it feels weird to not have a 'home', but it is confirming that I want to live in the country and away from suburbia.

You know your country when:
* Everyone knows everyone at the local IGA
* The ads on tv are talking about places in Alice Springs
* During the news they list the sale prices for cattle at the Roma Saleyards
* A horse is a backyard pet

Mum and dad appear to be stalking us, so they might just join us at the caravan park tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb