Wandoan, we've arrived


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Taroom
October 29th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we said farewell to the lovely spot in Bell and headed for Jandowe, the Camps book said there was a caravan park there.

Once again we were on small country connecting roads and they were a bit bumpy. We drove into the caravan park at Jandowe, drove out and headed for Chinchilla. At Chinchilla, we drove past the first park and stopped at the next one, which looked quite nice.... the office sign said back at lunchtime... it was 10am... we headed for Miles.

Before reaching Miles, we decided to investigate a caravan park in the Camps book. It was in a small town (?.. we never saw a town, so maybe just a place?) called Columboola. After 15 kms of dirt road we arrived at Columboola Country... no freaking mobile service... so after a quick toilet / nappy change / dog pee and drink break, we headed back to the highway.

I just have to say that we would have loved to have stayed here, it had a very relaxed feel about it and we could have happily setup for a week or so. The neighbouring property had maremma dogs working with goat herds... I was pretty chuffed to see that.

We didn't stop in Miles.... I think we're going to have to lower our caravan park standards. We keep thinking they look scummy, but I think it's the number of cabins / dongers that is turning us off. We don't want to be surrounded by noisy mine workers.

On our way to Wandoan I got to see my first wedge-tail eagle in the wild, beautiful.

Wandoan is small and the caravan park looks like a mine camp, but we have pulled in under some shady trees and fingers crossed we get to spend the week here. There are a couple of resident dogs (not kept contained), so Calli is having a field day barking at them... oh well it's a good training opportunity.

I also got to do 4 loads of washing today (have I mentioned I love my twin tub?), but there is still a whole basket full to get done tomorrow 😞 I've just been madly storm proofing outside, as the guy camped beside us said it turns into a bit of a river when it rains and guess what is rumbling around outside. Fingers crossed the rocks
Old buildingsOld buildingsOld buildings

Columboola Country
I've perched the dog crate on has them high enough to keep dry.

We're a bit over packing up and moving everyday, so we're looking forward to a week of stop. Noah, the dogs and I will head out in the morning to walk to town... neighbour tells us the truck stop does good food and plenty of it... and give Ryan a chance to work in peace.

Nite x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb