Tangalooma at Morton Island - What a place for weekends!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Tangalooma
July 6th 2018
Published: July 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I often go to this place, 2 hrs journey from Brisbane (Australia's third largest city) on weekends and what a place it is to be on weekends. It is hard to describe in words. This place is surrounded by national park on Moreton Island, and Tangalooma offers a great places for visitors for living, exploring and adventure.

John a local says that living here is a blessing. White beaches look beautiful and great for photography. Tangalooma is great place for swimming, surfing and fishing. While I was searching online for this place, I also found out that this place is also listed as one of the best places for Whale Watching as you can see in this article. Some other places for whale watching are Gold Coast, and Redcliffe.

Western side of Tangalooma at Moreton Island is more relaxed and laid back. Typical Aussie place!

You can also enjoy the hiking and walking at the island or be part of a 4WD your and ride down the sand dunes.

When you search for tangalooma the resort comes at the top of search time making us thinking that this place is all about this resort. Though resort is the biggest and most happening place on this island.

As per their website "Tangalooma Island Resort is only a 75-minute catamaran cruise from Brisbane. The Resort is the perfect family holiday destination for guests seeking an understated yet unique adventure, educational or nature based experience - right on Brisbane’s doorstep on the incredible Moreton Island.

Protected and treasured, this is nature’s theme park where amazing natural encounters are just part of the everyday experience. With heaps of tours and activities on offer, Tangalooma is the jewel of Moreton Bay and islands. Activities on offer include ATV Quad Bike Tours, Marine Discovery Cruise, the Desert Safari Tour with sand tobogganing, Snorkelling the Tangalooma Wrecks and so much more! The star attraction at the Resort is the unique guest activity of hand feeding a pod of wild bottlenose dolphins!"

Brisbanites are fortune to be living so close to this beautiful place. Plethora of tourists come here from all over the country and I live only less than 2 hrs from this place. Make it easier for me to be here whenever i wish. Accommodation at Tangalooma is also pretty good. Nice beach front apartments always available for rent.

I you are ever coming to visit state of Qld then this place is a must.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb