Getting Near Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
August 30th 2008
Published: August 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy CoupleHappy CoupleHappy Couple

Here we are on the bushwalk through the rainforest.
After a quick walk to the beach at the RV park by Dean and Kirsten, 8/28 was another driving day. The ladies did some clothes shopping at Target. We also stopped for groceries and discovered that we were all planning to go to a local amusement park because the others among us wanted to go. With this revelation of cooperation out of the way, we decided to bag the amusement park and head to a little down called Byron Bay. It is a counterculture community-sort of like Eugene. Anyway, after some shopping and photos of the beach, we were on our way to Tweed Heads. We are in an RV park next to the freeway (called a “motorway”) and under the approach path for the nearby airport. The rain occasionally dampens the outside sounds. For dinner, Kirsten thought it would be interesting to try some chicken-flavored EasyMac. It tasted worse than it sounds.
Still no more kangaroos and no koalas, but we have seen a lot of pelicans.
On 8/29 we met with our friends Jerry and Karen Unser in Austinville. Karen gave us personal tour of several beaches and cities including Surfer’s Paradise and some shopping. Later we enjoyed catching
Sandow ladies with UnsersSandow ladies with UnsersSandow ladies with Unsers

Tammy and Kirsten with the Unser family at the top of the bushwalk.
up with them from the time when we were neighbors in the early 1980s.
On 8/30 we went to church with the Unsers. Then we enjoyed a picnic lunch and a hike (“bushwalk”) through a rainforest. It was very beautiful.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

We3BTravelingWe3BTraveling
We3BTraveling

Here we are in all our glory. (Jerry takes great photos!)


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb