Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
March 27th 2007
Published: March 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Club CrawlThe Club CrawlThe Club Crawl

Can You Spot Us
After the craziness of Fraser Island we had a wind down night in Rainbow beach and the following afternoon made our way back to Brisbane. We caught up with Nessa for a farewell drink before we headed south. The next day we were on the bus heading for Surfers Paradise.

We hit Surfers around 4 O'clock in the afternoon and got a lift from the bus station to our hostel. We decided that evening to have a different sort of meal and went with pasta (Note the sarcasm) which was delicious which I guess it should be at this stage. We had a couple of beers and went to bed early.

The next morning we walked to the Q1 Tower - which is the largest all residential building in the world at 323 metres. It's perched overlooking the amazing beach at Surfers and the views were incredible. After soaking that in for some time we grabbed some lunch.

We hit the beautiful Surfers Paradise beach that afternoon. The surf was way to strong to swim in so we just enjoyed it throwing us around for a while and then lay out in the glorious weather.

We had booked ourselves into the now famous Surfers Club Crawl for that evening/night/morning. Basically this involves several bus loads of backpackers being pulled along through three nightclubs for the night with a few free drinks and free entry organised. The three clubs we hit were Melbas, Bedroom and the Sugar Shack.

There was a huge crowd and we had a brilliant night. By another scary fluke Ronan bumped into Elaine who he had met during a summer in Montauk. We also bumped into Simon and Bill of Magnetic Island fame and a Bristol lad called Tom. We got home at a ridiculous hour of the morning and hit the hay.

The next day was always going to be fairly unproductive and after a late start we spent most of our time by the pool. We had another pasta dinner and took an obligatory early night.

After spending an hour on the internet the following day we caught our bus from the hostel to the bus station.

Next stop Byron Bay...



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Q1 TowerQ1 Tower
Q1 Tower

The World's Tallest All-residential Building.


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 19; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb