Springbrook


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Springbrook
December 18th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=2iHrPqDjsIU]We all decided to go on a family outing in Springbrook which is famous for its waterfall and natural bridge (rock archway). The Natural Bridge cave is also home to thousands of glow worms. Unforturately, they are invisible to the naked eye during the day and can only be seen at night. We all agreed to meet up at the Natural Bridge around lunch time. On our way to Springbrook, we stopped over to pick up some drinks and meat pies at the gas station. We found the aroma of the scrumptious pies irresistible so we devoured the meaty pies before we even get to our meeting place. Few minutes after such ravenous feast, my mom, Liam and I started to feel ill. Jamie’s rough manoeuvring up the mountain cliff of Springbrook made the matter even worst - Liam and mom violently threw up “green vomit” - by product of drinking lime soda and might be a bad pie. We tried to contact my brother and sister as we couldn’t locate them. Unfortunately, we lost mobile (cellphone) coverage as we reached Springbrook. We just then decided to explore the area by ourselves. We first went to the “Best of all Lookouts”, which definitely lived up to its title. We were standing at the scenic rim of an extinct volcano which had been reshaped by heavy torrential rain and streams hundreds of million years ago. The picturesque panoramic view of the Gold Coast hinterland was spectacular from where we were standing. After absorbing such spectacular view, we then drove to some waterfall where we stumbled upon the park’s information centre and found out how to get to the natural bridge. On our way there, a strong gust of wind casted away its wrath upon anyone within the park’s vicinity. It was raining leaves, twigs and branches. A huge log missed us by split of a second on the road. We finally hooked up with my brother and sister and their family, which had been waiting on our arrival for 3 hours. We then all trekked the lush rainforest and basked in the serenity of mother nature. When we arrived at the natural bridge, a sense of awe flooded our senses. We stripped to our swimming gears and dipped into a freezing fresh water pool. I dared myself to swim right under the waterfall but couldn’t find the courage, especially when my sister was so scared for my safety fearing that I might drown !!!! The kids were more courageous than I was. They managed to swim under the waterfall while I just wade in the pool like a two year old girl. So next time, I promise to myself to definitely go for it. My new year’s resolution is to be more active and adventurous. We only live once, so what the heck - I’ll live life to the fullest !….with the exception of base jumping, skydiving and tip-toeing in dangerous zones of course ;>.....cheers !




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Best of all LookoutsBest of all Lookouts
Best of all Lookouts

Springbrook National Park
Springbrook National ParkSpringbrook National Park
Springbrook National Park

Charmaine feeling silly striking a pose...
Best of all LookoutsBest of all Lookouts
Best of all Lookouts

Springbrook National Park


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb