More Rain and feeding elephants


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
March 2nd 2006
Published: March 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 109-111



We checked out of our room and onto the Greyhound headed to Noosa. It was pouring with rain and didn't stop, even for a minute, all day! We popped into town to get some food and spent the rest of the day and night watching videos! I'm sure Noosa is a lovely place but at this rate, I don't think we'll ever find out!!

Despite the rain, you can't come here and not go to Australia Zoo - Steve Irwin's zoo! We jumped on a bus to the zoo and spent the day there. It was really cool, within 10 minutes of being there we were feeding elephants who splurted mud all over us (not good when wearing white). We then watched some shows - a snake show, a tiger show, a birds of prey show and the piece de resistance - the croc show!! They were all really good. We (and yes, this includes Carly) touched a diamond back python!!!! And Carly wasn't even scared!!! We then patted a koala and fed and patted some kangaroos which was pretty cool. Our favourites were the Wombats and Tasmanian Devils which were cool little mites! After a really wet day, we jumped back on the bus and chilled out in the dryness of the hostel!

Horay! The rain let up today and we went into town and jumped on a bus to a little town which we heard had some cool markets. Only problem was, the buses were few and far between and by the time we got there, the market sellers were all packing up!! Plus the way the buses worked we only had an hour there after waiting forever for a bus!! The only good thing was that as we had to wait so long in Noosa it gave us a chance to have a look around the town we'd been staying in for the last two days!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th March 2006

OZ IS GOOD
Wineries, koalas, kangaroos, beaches, live music. Sounds familiar. Hope all that rain has gone by the time we get up there. Dad

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb