Wednesday June 11th-Day 110


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 11th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up about twenty minutes before checkout trying to get as much sleep as possible. We got up, checked out and then went back to the room to pack up. After packing and studying we went back out surfing, the only real thing to do in this town. We went back that same beach which I believe is called Little Cove and surfed a again. This is the first day that I did not feel like and idiot surfing with all the locals. The locals never did mind the whole time us being there that week however you do feel bad taking waves and then falling on your face five metres after taking the wave. Anyways the waves were quite flat so you had to be very patient waiting for a wave and the locals knew exactly where to wait to be the one who would get the wave. We ended up surfing for about three hours including about an hour of sitting on the beach eating PB&J's. After this we went back to the hostel, made a meal and got on the 4:20 bus. The bus ride had some nice sights of lush trees, ferns etc. The drive should only take abotu an hour however there was a scheduled break so it ended up taking about 3 hours to get to Rainbow Beach. arrivign in Rainbow Beach was very odd. It is so tiny you would be overstating calling it a town. From the bus in the dark of about 7:00 at night all I could make out was one small 300 metre stretch of shops and a road of equal length which was hotels. The city seems as if it would not exist if it were not for backpackers. After unpacking we went to the only grocery store (IGA). The prices were quite high for a grocery store though I could understnad because there was no competition and this town was in the middle of nowhere. We grabbed some food for the night and then next day and headed back to the hostel. After making dinner we went back to the room where I wrote some entries on paper and then fell asleep early trying to catch up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb