Thursday June 12th-Day 111


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
June 12th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in until 10 O'Clock sleeping for about 12 hours. From there checked out the beach, the only attraction in town. The water is so much warmer there then in Noosa, though it is only 100km south or something. At 2 O'Clock we had our orientation meeting about Fraser Island. We were sorted into groups and explaned an itinerary and tonnes of do's and don'ts. After this we went to the phones and booked a campervan which will be most of the trip after complting the east coast. We booked it from July 1st until August 10th. It is probably good that we booked it before Fraser Island because the campervan is manual and Fraser Island is our only free chance to try driving a manual vehicle. After the meeting we headed across a park and street about 500 metres to a sports club. There we got a 20 dollar all you can eat buffet and watched the EURO cup match between portugal and Czech Republic. The buffet was Italian themed and was Incredible! There was lamb shanks, reef fish, lots of pasta, salads and to top it all off tiramisu and chocolate cake. I ate a tonned of fish and lamb shank because I knew that I could eat pasta when ever and then had a good time eating 4 or 5 plates of cake.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb