Tuesday June 10th-Day 109


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 10th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at 8:00 today. We grabbed breakfast and such and then got a free kyack from the hostel and headed off for the Noosa River about 200 metres down the street. The plan was to head inland up the river and then North into Great Sandy National Park. As it turns out the kyacks were slugs and it was far more difficult then I was expecting. We ended up kyacking about a km up the river and then giving up and drifting slowly back to the docks by the hostel. We got back to the hostel and decided we would go surfing again. There was a guy from Melbourne up on holidays with the same idea. We decided we would tag along with him and see if we could pick something up off him. Went into the Noosa National Park to a beach called Tea Tree Bay where there was large waves. We started to paddle out but the rips were huge on this beach and it was a waste of energy even trying to get out. The rips also managed to drag us into rocks on our way back into shore. Luckly we were not hurt. After safely getting to shore we decided to go to the beach between Tea Tree Bay and Noosa Heads main beach. We had been here before and it was a great beach to surf on because the water was shallow enough that you could stand the whole way out meaning you never were required to paddle other then catching a wave. We continued to progress eventually getting nearly proficient at getting up on every wave we attempted. It would have been great to have another two days and completly perfect it but what are you going to do. We ended up surfing for about 5 hours in total. After that we cleaned up and used the computers at Peter Pans for the final time before travelling north to Rainbow Beach/Fraser Island. At night we went to Koalas to meet up with Shelly, my bunkmate in Brisbane. Their hostel had the only real bar intown. We met them in their room and moved on to another room shortly aver arriving. Most of the night we just hung out in rooms because we could drink our own alcohol wich is FAR cheaper then buying it at a bar. The theme at the bar was garbage bag clothing or something so we found some outrageously coloured garbage bas and made some incredibly fashinable garbage bag clothing. I will try to get the photos of this festivity later. Around 11, about an hour before bar closed we decided to go and check it out. It was actually quite packed and ended up being a quite good time. After the bar we trudged our way back to our hostel which was about a 45 minute walk from Noosa Junction through Noosa Heads to our hostel in Noosaville.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb