Sunday June 8th-Day 107


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 8th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28996&l=b2c4f&id=503645207
I woke up today at about 8:00 four people from the room were leaving to go on a 3 day canoe trip through the Great Sandy National Park and made a fair amount of noise. I grabbed breakfast and then went to Woolies again because we had forgot to grab bread the past day. Once we returned we pre made lunch so that we wouldn't have to come back to the hostel. We grabbed surfboards supplied free by the hostel and took the public transportation to teh transit hub. From there we walked atleast a kilometre to teh part of the beach where the surfschools also taught. the surfing didn't go the greatest. The weather was bad with a lot of wind, no sunlight and chilly temperature. The other thing that didn't help much was that we expected it to be much easier then it turned out. The waves weren't consistent so you had to be very patient freezing your ass off waiting for a legitimate wave. After an hour or so your stomach begins to get very sore from rubbing against the board. Because of this we decided to head to shore and grab lunch. After lunch I continued to progress. I was more successful catching waves though the standing up portion continued to be very difficult. After lunch we only ended up surfing for about 45 minuters because the weather was so bad and we were always freezing cold. from the beach we went back to the hostel, grabbed a shower and got ready to go and check out Noosa National Park. Because we had a daily public transit ticket we decided to take public transport which took us to the far southern part of the park. Once we arrived we began our long hike back to Noosa Heads and the transit centre. We took the coastal path back. In total it was about 8-10 km's and probably took us the good part of 4 hours to complete. The scenery was awesome. There were deserted beaches and large rock outcroppings which we explored to the fullest. Towards the end you are hiking through large forests and we were fortunate to find a wild koala hanging out up in a tree. After this we were quite tired. It was also dinner time so we walked to the courtesy shuttle pick up point and took the shuttle back to the hostel. We made some chicken and rice which was quite good considering it cost all of $2.50 for both of us. Once we had cleaned up and finished eating we headed back to the room. I caught up on the journal writing and we talked to a german guy who was in our room. After getting bored of that we decided to go back to the kitchen/lounge and sat down with a couple who met while studying in England. The guy was from the Everton area and the girl was from Belgium. We talked about our contries, continents and sports. Basically the discussion with any backpackers. We also cracked open the box of goon which Mike had baught. Such legendary Australian stuff. 4 litres, 9.5% alcohol and sets you back a while 7.99 in the end. We ended up talking until the lounge and bar shut down around 11. Mike and I headed back to our room where we got ready for bed and hit the sheets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb