Byron Bay -> Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
December 28th 2007
Published: December 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Xmas was fun, went all went to the beach with few guitars and singing songs. Now in Queensland and the first thing we were told was to set the clock back in an hour. So by changing states we have just gained an hour, this probably explains 11 hour time difference between Sydney and London instead of 10.

Between Byron Bay to Noosa we passed two cities, Surfers Paradise and Brisbane. I didn't stop at Sufers Paradise but I've heard it's a bit like Blackpool but with the sun! A holiday destination.

Brisbane was an overnight stop so didn't have too much time there. I went for a walk around South Bank Parklands and got a good view of downdown area.

I am now in Noosa, it's a small laid back town. Good for shopping if you have money. There is also a national park which is very good for walks. Noosa is like a holiday resort. I have been here for couple of days and the main reason for stopping here was to visit the Australia Zoo, home of the crocodile hunter as they say it... The most interesting part was the snakes, birds and crocs show. You do get a sense that people here are really passonate about, wildlife conservation and care about the animals (not saying that other zoo don't). If you like watching Steve Irwin programs then this zoo can be very interesting.

I am really looking forwards to New Year's this time, not sure what is the plan as there is bad weather heading towards Hervey Bay but I am sure it will be fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb