HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay » Fraser Island
January 2nd 2008
Published: January 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Happy New 2008! Hope you had fantastic new years celebration.

I travelled from Noosa to Hervey Bay via Rainbow beach. Rainbow beach was an amazing on the sandblast. Hervey Bay is not a very happening place but it's the gateway to Fraser island. That's were I spent the New Year. Fraser island is the largest sand island. It was a blast! There was a cyclone heading towards Fraser Island for new years so instead of going camping on the Island I went for a guided tour. I'll remember Fraser island for two things - Rain and the New Year. It was great fun. We were in the Dingo bar for new years party. This NYE was definitely different considering I have spend all of them in big cities before.

Fraser Island is beautiful and diverse. There are crystal clear lakes, tropical rain forest, sand dunes and beaches. It is great place to go for walks. Swimming in lakes in rain is something I haven't done before, didn't realise how much fun it can be! Lake McKenzie is amazing with clear and fresh water.

The inland roads on the island were pretty rough and the beaches very wild because of the strong winds. At times we were driving on the water and it was a race against the incoming high tide. The rain forest smelled really fresh! Fraser Island was really good for being in nature and a new year to remember!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb