Tropical Storms


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
August 24th 2007
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Surfer's ParadiseSurfer's ParadiseSurfer's Paradise

Quick stop at the beach on the way to Noosa - it's not even raining!
We left Byron Bay and made the short journey down the road to the village of Nimbin, a former hippy settlement where weed has basically been legalised. A quick look around the 'museum', a coffee, and a trip to the local pub were the highlights, where chatting to the locals was an interesting if suddate experience.

In an attempt to escape the bad weather, we headed north to Noosa in Queensland, on the Sunshine coast, a town famed for its surfing and National park. Unfortunatley the bad weather appeared to follow us north, as we were greeted by a tropical storm - one of the low points of the trip so far as we were expecting things to brighten up. Rather than mope about and feel sorry ourselves, the next day we visited the Australia Zoo, former home of the great Steve Irwin. Whilst there we fed elephants and kangeroos, checked out some crocs and emus, and annoyed some parrots.

This morning we got up bright and early for our first surfing lesson - in the rain. The bad weather didnt have too bad an effect though, as once in the water, getting rained doesnt really make any difference.
Crikey!Crikey!Crikey!

Mark feeds the roos at Australia Zoo.
Surfing itself was good fun, if bloody knackering, though we all managed to get up on the board and have a little surf by the end of the lesson.

We're having another surfing lesson tomorrow afternoon and are then going up the coast for a camping trip on Fraser Island - again in search of better weather.

Until then, Hazh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Girls in ByronGirls in Byron
Girls in Byron

Dave is determined to pose for a picture on his own camera.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb