MOSSMAN


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mossman
August 26th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Only spent one night in Mossman. (Not because of Mossman itself but because of the van park we were in.)

The Gorge is beautifull like all the gorges we have so far seen. It's also great to be back in busy area where there are road signs, shops, decent priced fuel but for us there was only one place we could stay with the dog and we didn't like it.

When you are an unpowered camper you are basically at the very bottom of the chain! So alot of the time you get put in the worst spot in the van park. Which was the case here. Not only where we almost in the carpark but almost on the main road aswell. Under the street light! Our neighbours were alocated an even smaller spot than us so they pretty much had to sleep in their swags under our awning (slight exageration). There was a keypad entry into the toilets with some elaborate code that of course I could not remember. Only about 8 toilets to cater for at least 100 sites (usually at least 2 people are at each site) and no soap or hand towels and a gastro bug!

After not sleeping well under the interogation light on the median strip of a major road we packed up and headed on in search of a better place to stay. Peter unfortunatly got the gastro bug. So did the dog!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb