CAIRNS


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 1st 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

CairnsCairnsCairns

Fantastic views of Cairns on the drive to Lake Morris.
5 Days in Cairns, the city in a garden. Fantastic tropical gardens everywhere. Boy was it humid when we arrived. But cooled down a bit after a couple of days. We didn't do alot here as the dog wasn't allowed any where.

The beaches are allways dog friendly so we went to every one of them!

Lake Morris was good for a bbq lunch. It was very steep and winding road with great views over Cairns city.

I loved Smithfield shopping centre and the esplanade in the city is great.

The van park we stayed at was pretty expensive $34 per night but we can't complain as it was
very nice. We were camped right at the camp kitchen and next to the creek and surrounded by a beautiful garden. Cooked all our food in the kitchen and watched some tv for the first time in 3 months. I counted 8 turtles in the creek, 4 eels, loads of fish and every now and then a big barramundi.

Max was in heaven at this park as there was a great little walk along the creek to an off-leash dog park. He had heaps of swims and
TurtlesTurtlesTurtles

Every morning the turtles all sunned themselves on the logs comming out of the water. One morning there was Eight otf them.
got to run around sniffing all the other dogs.

We didn't bother too much about touristing around here as we have arranged a 3 month house sit at Mareeba. So we will have plenty of time to go back into Cairns without the dog and do some more looking around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb