ROAD TRIP!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
December 14th 2010
Published: December 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 4th, we left Cairns and began the trip of a life time. Surely this is every boys dream? Isn't it? Well for the three of us this dream has been put on ice way to long! So Mikey was first to get behind the wheel and into the hot seat, where we headed for 'josephine falls' For any of you Georgraphers Josephine Falls, are located at the foot of the southern face of Mount Bartle Frere in the Wooroonooran National Park. Yes, I noted this down in my Journal as I loved the name of this place! Josephine Falls, has had 5 deaths in the last 3 years, (and DF nearly made this 6 thanks to Scott). Whilst everybody was swimming in the bottom pool the three of us ignored all warning signs and sign posts (see for some reason we can never do anything normal ,or sensible, or safe) and hit the top waterfall! Let's just say Scotty won't be representing England any time soon as an Olympic Swimmer!

Back on the road and we headed for a place called mission beach to spend the night. A quiet little campsite with and the first night in The Truth! Let's just say at evening times the back of this camper van is like sleeping in an Oven, or maybe back in the Devonshires Sauna! It was hurrendous! Extremely cosy however 😉 In the morning when we were thinking about a swim, a guy casually walked past us while we were eating our cornflakes and said, and i quote "just in case you guys are thinking of taking a swim (we were) theres been a small crocodile spotted down by the water, probably wouldnt take you, but would scare the sh*t out of you". As it goes we left ... for a place called Airlie beach.

Sunday 5th, Airlie Beach. For you geographers again, Airlie Beach is a town in the Whitsunday Region of Queensland, Australia. In truth, the three of us loved Airlie, and we managed to spend three nights there. We managed to meet up with a few friends from Thailand (look at my facebook - doesn't Harry look like Ricky Butcher), have a great night on the razzle dazzle and a place where I would simply love to live! (Sorry Mum) The best day by far was day numero dos, where we went to the Whitsunday' visiting Whitehaven Beach (seriously viewers, just google this place) It is the largest and most celebrated island in Oz, with fine views and a tropical beach which is just out of this World! $150 dollars was the cost, but was worth every buck. After whitehaven and a cruise around the islands we headed to the great barrier reef, where we Snorkelled! This was a deadly experience, and the fish were breathtaking.

The day ended with no Sunday roast, however Scott cooking pasta and sauce, along with a few games of s*%t head. Scotty is actually quite the Gordon Ramsay

P.S Mike still won't help me! Sorry for the long post!!! xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb