Close your eyes and get ready!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 15th 2010
Published: December 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wowwww, DF's blog being updated so quickly. You can tell this is officially Lukey's now! Well, well, well the Camper van is a dream (maybe the only vehicle in the World better than my little baby Corsa!? Yes MAYBE!) and Oz is fastly matching the heights of Asia! The Truth/DF's hunk of love/the camper van has however experienced its first parking ticket, has blown its power steering getting to Surfers Island and has officially broken down now, but I'll move onto all of this shortly ...

So, where were we? Oh yes, just leaving the Whitsunday Islands. The next morning, 7th December, Mikey got us back on the Bruce Highway (bright and early) heading South for a place called Agnes Water. It took a couple days to get there but it was worth the drive. With being in Oz and having a camper van, the only thing that would make us EVEN cooler was to purchase surf boards, surely?? ... So, with my surfing lessons in Lanzarote when I was about 10, and with Mike and Scott being so good at every other sport going, we were all optimistic investing in a surf board was a sure thing.... I don't quite think getting chucked pillar to post via waves and drinking litres of salt water is surfing, however we still have 20 days+ in Oz so we shall keep trying! Remember them famous song lyrics 'I get knocked down but I get up again?' Well, it is that sort of feeling okay!

9th December (maybe?) from Agnes Water, we got back in the hunk of love, back on that famous Gold Coast and headed to Hervy Bay, with Scott driving! Firstly I don't know why this boy has a driving licience and secondly not sure why he has to refer to this place as PERVY bay every 5 minutes, jokes! ... but the evening in Hervy was pretty chilled - we played cards, and drank nasty, cheap wine - but we all slept like little babys. The weather was pretty bad also, so it was good to get an early night and rest from all that surfing (well trying to surf)

The following day (11th December) we pulled up in a place called Noosa. For my Geography class, Noosa is north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast region, Queensland. Very expnsive place, we paid $7 for a subway (not Mcdonalds) and $40 for a campsite. Still the next morning the weather was back to its best so we headed to the east beaches getting battered by more 7ft plus waves! .. We are however improving !!


Tomorrow we head to Brisbane! Please wish us luck. Sorry again for the long post (I promise no more fromnow on...)

P.S We all miss you all in England, thanks for your messages, and keep in touch!
LukeyBaby x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb