QLD Road Trip - Day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
March 25th 2010
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lunch!Lunch!Lunch!

Preparing lunch...
Day 1: Cairns to Mission Beach via Wooroonooran National Park

With 7 days left in Queensland, we hired a campervan to take us all the way to Brisbane in order to see as much as possible of this varied coastline. Our intention was to visit a few of the many national parks, ‘camping’ along the way, and sticking to small sites and towns where possible.

Our small van was equipped with the basics; a double bed (which retracts into a bench), water supply, pump sink, portable two burner stove, esky, table and chairs. After stocking up on food and ice, we gathered a few maps and hit the road to start our 1700 kilometre journey.

Our first stop was Josephine Falls, a waterfall with natural swimming pools in Wooroonooran National Park (yes, that’s how it is spelt!). The falls were flowing in full force due to all the recent rain and with continued showers it was a bit too chilly to take the plunge. We returned to the van to prepare lunch which was eaten in the van after a huge shower appeared from nowhere.

We continued down the coast and arrived at Mission Beach late in
LunchLunchLunch

Hiding with his lunch during a huge downpour.
the afternoon. We found a council campsite in a prime position right on the beach. Due to the stormy weather we were one of only a couple of vans in the site so enjoyed a great spot where we could see the sea through the palm trees and listen to the waves.

After a few refreshments, a nice dinner, and some photos on the beach, we retired for the night listening to the storm and the crashing sea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Josephine FallsJosephine Falls
Josephine Falls

Stong flow after all the rain...
Josephine FallsJosephine Falls
Josephine Falls

With the high water and cool temperature, we decided against a dip!
Camping SpotCamping Spot
Camping Spot

Our camp location on Mission Beach...
Misson BeachMisson Beach
Misson Beach

Nat bracing against the stormy weather!
First CampFirst Camp
First Camp

Relaxing with a G&T at out camp site (Cheers Minoeska).
CampervanCampervan
Campervan

View from the kitchen looking into the bedroom!


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb