not much of a mission in mission beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after Magnetic Island i headed to Mission beach for two days of complete relaxation. This is exactly what i got as i literally didnt leave the hostel all i ended up doing was lazing around in a hammock reading my book and then at night playing board games and chess and reading my book with the other people in the hostel.

I was staying in the Tree House YHA hostel and it was very quirky and a nice escape from the drinking and partying culture of the east coast. Firstly it had no tv and so everyone at night wasnt crowded around a tv not socialising but everyone was sat around playing monopoly, or risk or chess and it was just very relaxed and friendly. Then in the corner a cd player played chilled out music and people sat on cushions talking and reading books. The rooms were not amazing, but did a job as the beds were comfy enough. I did however have 23 spiders hanging over my head, o well i am sure they were not dangerous!

In the two days i was there as the hotel was a good hour walk into town i just sat around the hostel which was in the middle of the rainforest and so had some lovely scenery around there and it had a really nice pool area wth a good view of the rainforest.

And that is all there is to say about my stay in Mission beach. There are lots to do there like rafting and diving at dunk island and plenty of walks to go on, but you can also do what i did which was just lay around and relax. I would have done more things but being so close to going to new zealand i thought i would save some money for then.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb