Mooloolaba & St Patricks Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Maroochydore
March 17th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yet another early start, because we had managed to get on the right tour on the 14th- we had a day to play around with! One of our old school friends from Rose Hill was staying down the coast in a place called Mooloolaba, however when we had found out what date we were going to Fraser we had text him to tell him we would be with him on 17th, but not heard anything back and we still hadn't heard anything on the bus on the way there. We thought- its a pretty long bus jounrney by the time we get there he will have turned his phone on and hiw big can this place be!! By 11 we had been dropped a little way up from town by a bowling green, as we got off the bus and we put our stuff on the grass, I just looked at Em and we wet ourselves laughing! We went into a motel and used the payphone and there was still no response. So after asking someone where the centre of town and beach was we headed there with all our gear in mid day heat- not cool! Once we arrived at the beach, we delayed time by putting on some suncream, getting changed and then we just sat there for a while, until I turned round and looked up the prom and there was Archie and Sam posing!! I could not believe our luck! He had no idea when we were coming or anything- typical boy! he hadn't got his australian sim in his phone! Mooloolaba was such a nice town and even nicer when we were staying in a lucury apartment on the harbour- oh yes!
We spent the afternoon wandering the shops and sunbathing, getting prepared for a big night out at an irish pub on the harbour! It was so nice to see Archie, he hadn't changed a bit and we had such a good laugh. Still can't believe we saw them when we did- madnous! In the queue later that evening we even met a guy we'd travelled with in New Zealand, so crazy it wasn't even like Mooloolaba was a stanmdard tourist place!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb