Gone North!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Makay
July 4th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Well, hope none of you headed over to Arkoroola to meet us because we did a 360" turn and decided to go north. We meet someone coming from the south and they were talking temperatures of up to -6, so we made an easy choice.

Currently in Middlemount, a mining town out the back of Mackay, staying with my (Tom's) nephew Luke and his partner Amanda, and meeting their kids for the first time.

From Innamincka we went north east to Eromanga, a great little outback town with Kangaroos hoping down the main street, and sheep too!

Next onto Charleville to a packed campground. School holidays up here. Went to the Bilby centre and saw the little critters and learnt a bit about their battle for survival. Also went to the Cosmos centre, and did a bit of star gazing - really worth a visit.

From there we headed north to a little National park called Lake Nuga Nuga. Fantastic spot, heaps of birds and animals up close. Managed to get a flat battery but luckily anothrer camper rolled up within the hour - very lucky as it was quite isolated.

The last 3 days we have been at Carnavon Gorge, which was awesome. Janine and I both managed a 22km walk into the gorge, then a 14km stroll with the kids the next day.

We are all well and are heading to Dipperu National Park, then onto my (Tom's) sister's at Mackay. From there we will make our way north up to Cooktown, staying in National Parks as much as possible. The days are warming up.

Keep well. Until next time.

Regards,

Tom, Janine, Cody, Lewis, Jay & Ruby.


Thanks for the messages Chris and Bree.

Advertisement



10th July 2006

Hi
Dear Louis, We received your postcard and I have just been reading your journal. Later today I will read it to the grade. It has been very cold here and windy too. Tom , Georgia, India and Mitchell M have all been away to warmer places too. Next year we are getting new some new buildings, a new library, music room and staffroom and offices. Now that I know we can write to you Iill get the grade to write you a big letter. I hope everyone is well. Best wishes Mrs Cooper.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb