Travel News


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Outback
June 23rd 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well and thanks for the emails from those who sent them (glad all is going well with the bub \emma).

We are all well and are currently in Innamincka, having been holed up here for about 5 days. It is very dusty and isolated, but we have a beautiful campsite on the Cullyamurra Waterhole. Overview of trip as follows:

Shepparton -
Highlights - SPC cannery - we went in expecting to get a couple of cans and walked out with more than a trolley full! Who cares is the label is on backwards. We are still eating SPC and will be for a couple of more weeks at least.
Bikes - could only fit one on the camper so bought 3 newies and put them together. Kids had a fine time as lots of bike tracks in the vicinity of the camp.

Lowlights - Cold at night - freezing - had to buy more blankets.
Campsite - we were a tad close to lovers lane
Theft - someone pinched Janine's bathers

Mungo Nat Park
Highlights - great campsite and lots of walks
Lowlight - 16 hours straight of rain - the camper did not leak!

White Cliffs - Janine found a big opal!

Milparinka - Met up with some distant Hotchin relatives, who between 3 brothers own half a million acres of cattle and sheep rock grazing land - they can have it!

Innamincka - lost the bikes on the Strez track. The bike carrier broke on the bumps and we only realised 2 hours later. Spent 4 hours looking for them then was told that someone and kindly picked them up - but taken them back 300km to Cameron Corner - the bikes are staying in the oputback for an extended holiday.

Have done all the Burke and Wills trail including the Dig Tree - all really interesting. Just kicking back now and doing some washing

Tomorrow we head off down the Stres track to monte Collina bore for some hot water action, then down to the Gammon Ranges and Arkaroola. Then we head up the Oodnadatta.

Will email again in a month or so. Take care....

Regards,

Tom, Janine, Cody, Lewis, Jay and Ruby

PS. Deb - please tell Trent sorry but we weren't able to have him stay at the house as the agent had taken it over.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb