Going Topless.......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
October 13th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Phil goes Topless.....Phil goes Topless.....Phil goes Topless.....

In the rental car we won at the table quiz !
We arrived onto Magnetic Island via a 5 hour bus trip North from Airlie Beach and a 20 minute ferry from Townsville.

As we had prebooked accomodation at Base Backpackers, we got picked up from the ferry and taken by bus to the hostel which is situated in Nelly Bay. I should point out that the bus driver was the weirdest fecker I have met in my life.....has to be seen to be believed......about 50 years old wearing tight denim hotpants, and full of stupid one liners.......when we got to the hostel: "As my ex-girlfriend used to say - GET OFF".......bizarre !!!

The hostel was quite good, very modern anyway and the 8 bed dorm was grand if a little cramped.

Our first night (Monday) we cruised down to the bar and had soon amassed a team for the weekly table quiz. We romped to victory and our team won a free car hire for the next day.....YAH !

We picked up the Topless Car (see picture!) complete with pink seat covers and trim. Went for a drive across the island with an English couple who were on our quiz team. Magnetic Island is quite small, and it
Picnic BayPicnic BayPicnic Bay

Magnetic Island
turns out that there is not a huge amount to do on the island, other than some walks which the weather was too hot to allow for without serious effort being required.

On Wednesday we realised we had seen all of Magnetic Island so we went and played 9 holes of golf on the island course, which Greg Norman used to frequent.

Yesterday (Thursday) we got the ferry back to Townsville and another 5 hour bus trip to Cairns where we are now. Will fill ye all in on that in due course.

Phil




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

*Shrug**Shrug*
*Shrug*

Strange things in the water !


Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb