magnetic island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

we got to magnetic island straight from whitsundays, which was a bit of a hell journey for george as he was very hungover after his birthday celebrations the night before......happy birthday george!

magnetic isalnd is a very quiet place, really laid back and not alot here. but we have managed to keep ourslevs occupied for 3 days.

we have been on some really nice walks. aparently in the guide magnetic island is supposed to have 320 days of sun.....well we have had one and a half of the remainder that arent! so anyway back to the walks.....
yesterday we did a walk around horseshoe bay, down to a beach. it was quite cool. the beach was empty, not a sole on it! was crazy!
the today we bought a day pass for the bus and pretty much did the whole island. we walked out to a look out point and then on a forts walk which was quite good. very hilly but good to work up a sweat, getting a bit proky with all these icecream!! hehe

but the best and most exciting part of the trip was being put on tsunami watch this morning! no april fools, dead serious. we went to go catch the bus and werent allowed out of the hostel. everyone had to saty around the bar area until we had more information as we may have had to evacuate!
there was an earthquaker measuring 8.5 just off of the solomon islands up coast and had caused a 3 metre tidal wave there so east coast australia, especially the northern parts were put on tsunami alert! pretty crazy!
a hostel the other side of the island completely evacuated, they had to grap all their stuff and trek up to the top of the hill! everthing got closed adn evactuated! hehe....the excitment!!

well amongst all that this morning, i did manage to have my stitches taken out so i am now without my little friends. not that sad to see them go though! i can now swim and all that malarki so much happier now! in order to celebrate we have booked a white water rafting trip in a couple days! yay!

well thast about all for now. we are off to mission beach tommorrow. not long left in oz now!
hope you are all well
lover em and george xx

p.s - again photos to come


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



2nd April 2007

Stitches out hooray
Hi Emms - lovely to speak to you on MSN - only a few weeks left in Oz eh!!! How soon that will pass and you'll be back in lovely Bridgy (wishing you weren't!!!) So make the most of it and enjoy every minute. Take lots of care of those scars, especially when in the rapids!!! Lots of love - Muvva Sue xxx

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb