whitsundays - wow!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ok so finally got round to writing about the whitsundays, we are here on magnetic island and are on tsunami watch as there was an earthqucke on the solomon islands and they had a mini tsunami so have a few minutes to spare.....hopefully not my last!

so the whitsundays were absolutely amazing. you really cant believe anywhere in this world could be so beautiful. white haven beach was amzaing. the colours in the sea take your breath away.

our boat was called the waltzing matilda and we did a 3 day 2 night sailing trip. we got to drive the boat and help with the sails etc. which was cool. there wetre 15 of us including the 2 crew altogerther so only a small number which was really good. again we were lucky and had a really fun group! we had a crazy skipper who was your typical oz......so laid back he was almost horizontal! but was really cool, took us to some great spots.

......to be continued
...........ok so we are still alive, the tsunami didnt hit us! where did i get to?

we also went to a few other islands and on the last day we got dropped on a sand bank in the middle of the ocean. i felt like i was stranded on a desert island. but it was really cool. it is only there when the tide is out and we got there just as it was going out. so after a while when it had gone out more you could walk through the middle to another island. felt like moses parting the red sea! (if that is who did it i cant quite remember?)

unfortunately i was not able to snorkel beacuse of my stitches but george has actually become a fish. i have never known anyone stay in the water so long. i sent him in with the underwater camera while i was busy sunning myself on deck, so hopefully he has got some amazing pitures. he aparently saw some really cool fish and some massive turtles.
it wasnt all bad for me though, i did get to see some fish from the boat and also some dolphins which was cool!

well this is getting very long but it was a really great trip so loads to tell. the weather couldnt have been better and we couldnt have had a better group.
i will some it up in one word instead.......WOW!

hoep you are all well
love em and george xx

p.s - the photos will be arriving shortly hopefully! nothing like suspense!




Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th March 2007

Grr
I hate u Chorley! lol that place looks so awesome! Glad ur ok n havin a great time! Spk soon xxx
21st April 2007

photos
Hello Emma, we are just looking at your photos in uncle trevor's house! We have seen grandma on her birthday and she has received your card, book mark, etc! Have fun in new zealand!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb