Mackay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
September 25th 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We apologize for not having updated our blog, but the causes of that have been lack of available wi-fi and a lack of excitement. We have been settling into Mackay and have found jobs at a local restaurant by the name of Ribs & Rumps. It is a part of the new Caneland Mall, and as such is quite an expensive place. Incredibly busy as well, it keeps us on our toes while we scurry back and forth. I've even gotten to bartend a couple of nights, which is something I hope to do more of. It's good experience to have.

Other than that, we've been playing a lot of Mario Kart on our hosts' Wii and have wandered around town scouting out the city. It's a decent, little place with a population of about 80,000, though you wouldn't think it by its appearance. There is a beautiful, free pool that we've started to frequent that has its very own waterfall. A place to cool off is much appreciated by us, since the heat has started to pick up and every day is no less than 30 degrees, 80% humidity.

Anyways, I'll be off, as it is costing me to sit here and type in this internet cafe. We will be in touch soon.

Jord::

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb