Rockhampton/Yepoon/Mackay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
September 17th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Tropic of CapricornTropic of CapricornTropic of Capricorn

Right on the lattitude!
From Bundaberg we camped the night by a free rest area with at least 40 other motorhome, caravans and trents at Calliope just outside Gladstone and had a good chin wag with our neighbours before being chased indoors by the many mosquitos. We continued on the next morning to Rockhampton and spent most of the day there visiting the very impressive botanical gardens with its huge bird walk in bird aviary. They also have a small zoo and even more surprising it was all free! Next stop was Emu Park, a very beautiful coastal area east of Rocky before moving further up the coast to Yepoon where we stayed the night at a friend's house hooked up to their power. Emma put on a lovely meal and breakfast the next day so duly refreshed we took off once more for the long drive to Mackay.

There is not really much to see on this stretch of the coast but we happened by chance to find a lovely spot for lunch by the beach but reluctant to go in the water because of stingers possibly present.

We are now in Mackay and will stay here for a couple of days to explore the area before heading to nearby national park to search for platypus and do some day tramps.

Photos to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Botanical GardensBotanical Gardens
Botanical Gardens

Beautiful Yellow tree! (Name unknown)


Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb