London...Hong Kong.....Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
October 24th 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We’ve now been home two weeks and our feet have hardly touched the ground. We were laid low for the first few days to recover from the flu. Then we headed down to Michelle and Izzy’s at Boyne Island for a few days to catch up. They’ve settled back in well after touring the globe. They now have their house up for sale and if all goes well they should be in their new home at Tannum Sands by Christmas. Kristelle is busy planning her engagement party (16th Nov) and studying for her final CPA exam. I’ve decided to post a final blog with last photos etc to round things off mainly for my own record of the trip. We stayed in the same hotel again (before we toured Europe) for our last few nights in London, The Mitre House in Sussex Gardens and we can recommend it, good price, great service and handy to all transport and train to Heathrow. The four of us spent the two days seeing more sights of London and taking in another show, We Will Rock You. Great fun and we were certainly were "rocking it" in the aisles. At Heathrow it took forever to get through security and it did seem a bit chaotic. Hong Kong Airport was a breeze and very efficient. It’s a pity the smog was heavy around Hong Kong otherwise it would be pretty spectacular coming into the city over the bridges from the Airport. We had five star accommodation and that night, in one of the hotel bars, with a great crowd, we watched Australia get beaten by England in the World Cup, its history now, well done South Africa!
We checked out a few shops the next day before heading out to the Airport to catch our flight home. The four of us were really glad we had broken the flight home in Hong Kong. It was fun and games at Sydney Airport as well, especially for people that were returning from the UK with the Foot and Mouth problems in the UK, a lot of poor people were getting thoroughly searched. But we were lucky, or maybe it was St Marsh again and we managed to walk straight through. On the way over to England Marsh had all his duty free taken off him at Hong Kong because it wasn’t sealed probably so he complained when we
CreeperCreeperCreeper

This beautiful creeper we saw all over the Uk and Ireland and were told so many names for it so we're not sure what it's called with autumn approaching it's very colourful
were in Sydney and he was given a full refund. Luckily he had insisted on a receipt at Hong Kong when they took it from him. We’re now back down with Dad and getting into the swing of things. Laura and Marsh are back at work. The weather is fantastic. Alan and I have been walking on the beach each day and enjoying a swim trying to get fit and lose a few kilos. I start work on Friday 26th Oct. and just working one day per week, which suits me. Alan may also look for some part time work as we are tied down here for a bit waiting for houses to be built. So hope to catch up with everyone soon. We will email dad’s phone number and address on, at this stage as we will probably be here awhile. So that’s all folks, call Laura if you want to make a booking for a viewing of her magnificent photos of the trip (should take about 4hours!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Where's Roger!!Where's Roger!!
Where's Roger!!

Wimbledon it's hard to believe this lovely little village becomes so busy in summer for two weeks
Look at the Weather over LondonLook at the Weather over London
Look at the Weather over London

We've had some great sunny days
Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Laura ready to tackle the shops, poor Marsh doesn't look as keen.
Is it a bird, is it a plane!!Is it a bird, is it a plane!!
Is it a bird, is it a plane!!

Hope this photo enlarges for you. But Alan and I where a bit worried when we saw this bright light outside our window somewhere over central Australia but then the wing dipped a bit, we saw the segment of the moon. You can just make out the tip of the Virgin wing on the far left. the brighter light in the centre is the moon with the star above it. In the plane it look huge and really special the photo doesn't do it justice.
We're Home Paddy!We're Home Paddy!
We're Home Paddy!

"About Bloody Time, I'm off fishing!"
Bucasia BeachBucasia Beach
Bucasia Beach

It's great to be home and walking on the beach each day.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb