Day 70 Mackay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A great trip up into the highlands today to Eungella National Park which is about 80 Km from Mackay. Broken River within the park is described as being the ‘platypus capital of the world”. As we were there in the middle of the day we did not have high hopes of seeing any but we saw several which was rather exciting. Lots of turtles, lizards and various birds as well when doing some bush walking. All together a rewarding day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Melba House.Melba House.
Melba House.

This was the home of the opera singer Dame Nellie Melba when she was first married and before her international career began. It has been restored to the original design and is now the information centre in Marian.
ValleyValley
Valley

Looking along the Pioneer Valley from the Eungella National Park.
Lizard.Lizard.
Lizard.

A fine specimen.
Platypus.Platypus.
Platypus.

One of several sightings. Difficult to photograph as they skim the water surface briefly before diving again to gather more food.
Rainforest Discovery Circuit.Rainforest Discovery Circuit.
Rainforest Discovery Circuit.

Along one of the many well formed tracks in the national park. There are an amazing amount of tree ferns and stag horns about 100 feet up in the trees.
Sculpture.Sculpture.
Sculpture.

A natural work of art in the forest.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015kb