Three Day Holiday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Longreach
December 30th 2006
Published: December 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Going over the Great Dividing RangeGoing over the Great Dividing RangeGoing over the Great Dividing Range

Some photos taken from the Suzuki going over the range and miles and miles of endless road.
Hi to everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, for us it was very quiet, we hope you all have a prosperous and safe New Year. Don had a few days off between Xmas and New Year, so we decided to take a trip to Longreach - 400klms inland from Emerald right in the centre of Queensland. Talk about good timing after weeks of temperatures around 45deg C the three days we were there was only around 24degC, perfect. We stayed in the Gunnadoo Caravan Park in a cabin, very nice. Population of Longreach is around 3,000. Anyway will tell you more about it as I would like to show you some photos of our 5 hour trip to Longreach.

As I don't know how many photos are allowed per entry, will do another entry tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Alpha Creek SignAlpha Creek Sign
Alpha Creek Sign

Population of 350. Main industry is Braham cattle. Blink and you've missed it.
JerichoJericho
Jericho

Town is situated midway between Emerald and Longreach.
Murals Murals
Murals

Murals found on the fences as you drive into Jericho, done by the local townspeople.
Main street of JerichoMain street of Jericho
Main street of Jericho

Jericho apparently has the smallest drive-in in the Southern Hemisphere, it holds 36 cars and still operates once a month.
Butcher shopButcher shop
Butcher shop

Just had to take this photo of the butcher shop.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb