Australia Adventures day 14: Koala cuddles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kuranda
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello there again,

Today was an exciting day. We went to Kuranda. And since Kuranda is high up a mountain, we had to drive half an hour up the mountain, round and round and round, until we got to the top. When we finally parked, we got ourselves to the Kuranda Koala Gardens where we had loads of fun. It was a beautiful park in the middle of the rainforest, full of fresh water crocodiles, longneck turtles, wallaby's, kangaroos and, ofcourse, koala's. We made some koala cuddling photos. And as the girl at the counter said: "you can purchase your koala cuddles here". After the cuddling, we fed some wallaby's, pet some kangaroos and looked at some really cute wombats. Really loved the park!! Around 12 we gpt out of the park and did a 1,5 hour round around the Kuranda Heritage Markets, which was really lovely. Bought some cute bracelets and other souvenirs. After the 'shopping' we ate at the Frogs café next to the Koala Gardens, and I enjoyed a Crocodile Curry with rice. Delicious. Although, the crocodile didn't seem that special, maybe because of the curry sauce.. Then we left Kuranda by the Scenic Railway, which was as slow as a walking person , but interesting. It was designed like an oldfashioned train. It was a great great day. Loved the koala's so much!!

Kisses Rosalinde


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb