Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
December 4th 2009
Published: July 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

1770 - Hervey Bay

04/12/2009

Hervey BayHervey BayHervey Bay

Exploring beautiful Hervey Bay Beach late in the afternoon.
It was another very early morning as we woke up and packed our gear ready to take the morning Greyhound bus into Hervey Bay. Once we were packed we took the free shuttle bus from our hostel and boarded the Greyhound was we were there. It took us a few hours before we reached Harvey Bay where our YHA hostel shuttle was waiting for us. Since there were a few buses coming in we had to wait for them to arrive so we headed to the supermarket to pick a few things up before eventually we were on our way. We arrived at the hostel and were greeted with cold drinks and small cakes, it was a first for any hostel I have ever stayed with and it made a big impression on us. After checking in we headed to our room, it was massive, I couldn’t believe it, I had stayed at 5 star hotels with smaller rooms. The entire hostel at Colonial Village YHA was outstanding.

It wasn’t long before both Hannah and I fell asleep, we were so tired from the last few days. We slept for a few hours then decided that we should get up
Hervey BayHervey BayHervey Bay

Hervey Bay Beach at low-tide with Fraser Island in the distance.
and have a look around Hervey Bay since we really didn’t have that much time here. We left Colonial Village YHA and headed towards the beach. The tide was out and the beach was covered in tiny sand balls made by the crabs digging into the sand. From the beach we could see Fraser Island, the largest sand dune island in the world. We walked along the impressive beach and under a massive pier which was exposed by the low tide. We continued on searching for the town centre to have dinner but we walked and walked with no luck. We were both starting to get agitated and finally decided to turn back for the long, long walk back to our hostel.

It was just in time too, we were going make our own dinner but instead we went for the $5 all-you-can-eat barbeque the hostel were putting on. We had some drinks and played a game of chess while waiting for dinner to be ready, it was looking good. We grabbed a plate and took advantage of the all-you-can-eat, stuffing ourselves until we could no more, it was a bargain for $5 each. I finished it off with some cheesecake then we headed to our room to sleep, had a big few days ahead of us.

Accommodation:
Colonial Village YHA

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb