Queensland or bust


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Goondiwindi
July 24th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was a bit of a late start. A great day to eat pancakes to celebrate the beginning of the journey.
We headed out of Tamworth with the good intentions of making it to St George. Alas, the slow driving and late start meant a change of plans. Whichever way we travelled, we were getting to Queensland.

There is something special about getting into your caravan and then making your own lunch. We chose a quiet spot by the river in Narrabri. A great way to relax somewhat while travelling.

Each day doesn’t complete without it’s glitches. Today’s glitch was the hitch. Yes, the weight distribution hitch that I installed was not travelling well, and didn’t really do what it was supposed to. In fact, many of it’s parts had worked themselves loose. The worst of these was the towball itself which was very loose at the end of the day. In retrospect, am surprised that we didn’t do any damage to either the caravan or car.

By late afternoon, we’d made it to Goondiwindi. The boys enjoyed a swim in the heated pool while we set up the van, and made dinner.

Quote of the day: Lady in caravan park office “You’re in Outback Queensland, Love! There’s nothing open on a Sunday.”

Song of the day : Destination Anywhere by The Commitments

New car game : How slow do you have to go to maximise the fuel efficiency?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb