Roma, not built in a day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Roma
July 25th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Good morning Goondiwindi! The place of much exhaust braking. And yet the travel guide assured us this was the quietest caravan park in town. I’m glad I haven’t experienced the other 2!

Before breakfast I spent some much needed time behind the car tightening and adjusting the hitch – I didn’t want a replay of the day before.

The travel is all part of the journey – a thought that pervades my driving. As we move along, I find the stress lessens each day – and comfort as the hitch works perfect. The only ‘stressing out’ times are typically dinner, and bed time. Both involve small (and not so small) children being tired, and unable to make decisions, or listen to direction.

We saw our first wild emus today running through some fields.

A well-deserved break from travelling came in the form of the Miles Historical Village – a collection of buildings from the Miles / Western Downs region dating as far back as 1870s. The boys were fascinated by the collection of old gramophones, refridgerators, chemist’s bottles, and general olde tyme stuffs. Katrina banned the words ‘Awesome’ and ‘Cool’ from our vocabulary after the first 15 minutes!

On to Roma. The town is filled with bottle trees – they look like people who’ve eaten way too much or had their fill of drink. We even visited the largest bottle tree in Roma with a girth of 8.9 metres. That’s one fat tree!

Song of the day : Miles from your Door by The Jive Express

New Car Game: What Roadkill is that?


Advertisement



27th July 2011

Just your parents
Glad to hear that your trip is going well. Pulling a caravan is the easy way to slow you down. Enjoy your trip at your liesure. It is good reading yoour activities each day. Have fun

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb