Swimming with Sharks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
September 11th 2005
Published: October 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we made the 1 hour trip to Brisbane to SeaWorld, which is located on the outskirts of Surfer's Paradise.

The park is cool, with plenty of shows. The shows are really aimed at kids, but they are still quite good. We went to the Sealion, Dolphin, and Water Skiing shows during the day.

In addition, there are a few good rides including a decent roller-caster. The Bermuda Triangle was especially fun......!

The highlight of the day was our Scuba Dive. We had pre-booked a 20 minute dive at the park. The cost was $90, but turned out to be money brilliantly spent !
After being kitted up we were ready to go. Besides myself and Ruth, there was a guy from New Zealand doing the dive with us.

The 'tank' is really well designed with lots of Coral to give it a natural feel, and is quite big. You can swim around exploring or just seat on the sand 'seabed' and watch the aquatic life cruising by.

In the water with us were: Black & White Tipped Reef Sharks, Leopard Sharks, some other sharks, Sting Rays, a HUGE Grouper, and hundreds of smaller fish. But the coolest thing of all is that directly beside the Coral Tank is the 'Shark Bay' which contains the really dangerous sharks. The only thing dividing the 2 areas is a glass wall, so when you're in the water near the glass wall and you see a massive Whaler Shark on the other side coming towards you there's a fair chance of a trouser incident !!!

Really a great experience, although I have since learnt that the one shark diving at UnderWater World looks better......!



Advertisement



19th May 2006

how can you swim with a shark
22nd May 2006

Shark Info
Hi there, have a look at this website: http://www.seaworld.com.au/entertainment/animal_adventures.cfm?event_id=11 It should have all the information you need.

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb