Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 1st 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

surfers paradisesurfers paradisesurfers paradise

They've been kind enough to put up a massive sign to tell you where you are, just incase you forgot.
Well not a huge amount to tell you about Surfers Paradise, another beach town but more built up and very tourist orientated. The beach was ok but once I dicovered the jelly fish washed up on the beach I was a little put off.

The highlight of our time here was going to Dreamworld where we went on some cool freaky rides, not as large as what we have back home like Chesington but was a fun day. My best bit was cuddling a Koala, her name was Sienna and she was only 2 years old. Very cute and nice to hold for all of 60 seconds that you get. But still loved it.
The rides were cool as well, the scariest one was the big drop they pull you up let you dangle for a few minutes and then without notice your dropped rushing back to land. By the end of the day my voice was going from all the screaming!

Luckily we got there just as the kids had returned to school after the summer holidays so the park was not rammed and we got to go on some rides twice!

Our accomedation here was a
DreamworldDreamworldDreamworld

The gold coasts biggest and bestest theme park.
little out of town but very nice, we spent alot of our time here in the coffee shops and shopping centres!

On our last night we decided to join in the club crawl, so we headed out with about 100 other backpackers from the hostels around Surfers and had a couple of drinks in each place they took us, by about 2am we were nicely drunk but, it was time to hit the sack as we had to get up and check out in the morning. I have to say clubbing out here aint nout special London still rules!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The giant dropThe giant drop
The giant drop

this was the first thing we went on in dreamworld. You sit in a chair which goes up about 60mts in the air then the chair just drops and you stop about 5mtrs from the floor. pretty cool.
El and her first koalaEl and her first koala
El and her first koala

this was El's first Koala, Cenna. She is 2 years old and lives in dreamworld.
dead or alive you are coming with me.dead or alive you are coming with me.
dead or alive you are coming with me.

don't you just love thoses things you stick your head through.


17th February 2007

gosh me
hey look at you all in touch with nature. are the animals real or stuffed pretend ones? who would have thought it el touching wild animals and sleeping in a bunk bed. sounds like you're having one big long holiday. i am so jealous with the weather here being so shit lately. not been in touch for a while cos evil camden blocking everything that isnt strictly business!! take care xx

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb