Day 65


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Main Beach
June 25th 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So a quick hop on a plane for an hour flight to the gold coast, The original plan was to take the bus and investigate some of the exciting places along the way like Coffs Harbour but the plane was cheaper and it gives us yet another reason to want to come back to this beautiful place.

So to the Gold coast, Surfers Paradise we fly, Flying has become something of more pleasurable experience for Philip since shedding 6 stone now he doesn’t have to prise himself into the seat extend the seatbelt to the very end and hope it fits. On a Flight to Kaunas last October the buckle only just fit and impended breathing for the entire flight and he was close to taking the ultimate humiliation and asking for the extension belt they use for infants. The other thing was he could hardly get he tray table down. so because he now can he spends the flight like a demented Homer Simpson Table goes up table goes down table goes up table goes down...... Much to annoyance on the women in front who throws us murderous glances the like of which you would of thought we had just asked to defile her daughter. we don’t bother trying to explain that being able to get the table down on the plane is now an uber exciting experience we just don't feel she is in the same head place as us. Is anyone?

So the Gold coast Philip has regressed 20 years and booked us into a backpackers hostel I m not sure how long we will last here, Philip whole ethos of showered ,cup of tea and ready for bed at 9.20 doesn’t really fit in with a hostel in Australia 's Party capital.

Were staying in Southport which means we are actually surprise to see the sea next to coast not like home, After a long walk we retire to get ready for some proper exploration tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb