Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Glasshouse Mountains
September 13th 2016
Published: September 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Hi travel followers.

We couldn't believe it has been 10 months since our last blog and thought it would be time for an update.

Too much has happened and way too many fabulous experiences have occurred to be specific, but if you are not already aware (via Facebook), we have decided to include "house/pet sitting" as part of our travels. What a great opportunity it has been to look after so many diverse homes and most importantly pets.

We have sat 5 properties over the last 7 months from Hervey Bay, Boat Harbour, Stoney Shute (Nimbin), The Gap (Brisbane) and now at Stanmore in the Glasshouse Mountains on the Sunshine Coast, with only short breaks between and what a wonderful and rewarding experience it has been. So many lovely people/owners (including neighbours) and their wonderful pets. In fact the experience has been so fantastic, we have decided to continue this indefinitely and have basically been booked to sit properties until the end of October next year. This includes 6 months of sitting and caring for properties and the owners pets all around the UK.

On a totally different note, during one of our walks/mountain climbs, Lyn slipped and fell awkwardly/heavily on her ankle and broke it in three places. I.e. She broke the Fibula in two places and the Tibia once. This required surgery and inserting a plate with 9 screws to stabilise the Fibula breaks and 2 huge screws to stabilise the Tibia. (see pictures) It also meant 6 weeks in plaster which slowed down our travels a bit, but luckily we had just started a 5 week house sit which had no steps and very understanding owners.

We only have another week here and then we are off to Wyrallah (near Lismore) to sit another property for 4.5 weeks before then heading south towards the NSW Central Coast, Sydney, Moss Vale and then Sunbury (Melbourne).

Hope you enjoy our travels and the photo's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb