FRASER BABY


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
July 28th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey hey
right got to Hervey bay and got breifed on all the self driving in fraser..which went on 4 ages but was kinda handy seeing as u are totally cut from the outside world and left alone with dingoes!!..anyway got put into our group--not the biggest laugh in the world....there were 3 couples..that hardly spoke a foreign girl n this guy that our freind lucy had got with in byron..ahaha...anyway after coming awayt thinkin gok we'll make it good..and at least the boys are there...these woulld be the 2 guys n girls we met on our noosa bus. nayway that night ahd a huge mexian and strated havin ga good time n bonding with the guys.girls n this other guy called dave form there dgroup..there group was cool!!! thank god were thinking..anyway wake early and strat gettign things ready,, get on the island at about 10 n start heading up to lake maquensy which was gorgfeaous..so after some paddling cos its kinda cold..we leaven get to lake wabby but because ther was a severve lack of communication going on in our car we didnt realise..n so didnt get out thinkin git was just a toilet stopp...bbbbaaaaarrrrrr!@ was gutted...so wanted g\to goi there..n then on way back we manged to end up on the other side of the island so never got there. :😞(..anyway we then drove around abit n wernt that productive n so went to set up camp on the beach...was so cool....i became chef..and made a pretty good pasta/bol if u ask me!! anyways boys car thankfully turned up so spent the night with them, and goon adn lookin gup at the crystal sky- id never seen stars like them...so many n bright! anyway clouds soon arrived and it began to pour..and wot happened we'd pitched our tent in the firing wind line so in the torentail rain n howling wind there we are moving our tent..hahaah..o n bein gdripped on all night..but the campin gwas awsomer..anyway up early and had brekky and got in our 4x4 "barrel of laughs/couple ville" and set off to indin head where usaully u can see tiger sharks, whales and dolphins..was very excited...but unfortuanaly the water was too rough so didnt see them,...but was cool knowing they were there...anyway we had a nice bit of sun as we walked up the white sand beach to champagne pools..(big rock pools) but then hid cos the rain started again!! anyway then on to see this big ship wreck whci hwas cool n then to ely creak which we waded up n then flkoated bback down which was cool..then onto rainbow gorge which is very simaler/better then rainbow beach ..which we never got 2 see in end..which was cool...so ran/crawled up this big dubne n ran down which was cool..anwy then on to set up camp n make dinner....its all aabout cooking in toretial rain..ahaha..was again another awsome night...and saw 23 dingoesa at our camp..yyaaaayyy...very exciting, espeically with the goon on board n then retired to bed..thankfully a dry night!..last day we\, as i said, toally missed wabby,m v.dissapointing but ended up doing this rainforewst walk which was cool and then caught ferry back over to hervy...
its was our last night all together.,.includin gwith em so we went to this irish pub..and we had points..yaayy...not stingy little scooners..this was exciting...and had a nice little- not sandy meal!!!!
next day we just chilled untill our busses..the boys n em to airlie, dave down to noosa n me n kate to bundeburg.!!1 all in all very cool trip!!
xxxx ps...i know i cant spell torentail!?!?!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb