Fraser Island Part 3, K'gari and the Spirit Tree


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
February 24th 2013
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

,And so, our concluding blog on that amazing day on Fraser Island/'K'gari, just moved literally into the twilight zone. We were about to encounter a truly mystical experience, incredibly captured on camera by Basho.

Picking up from part two,

As we were heading from the beach, en route to the ferry, we drove back into the forest for a quick stop at the Spirit Tree. Our guides informed us, that on several occasions, photographs of the Spirit Tree, have been taken, with supernatural phenomena turning up in photos of the tree. Many photos were taken by our party including Bilbo, but knowing Basho for the last 24 years, I have witnessed several inexplainable phenomena occur in her presence. such as the rare dolphin kiss experience at Tin Can Bay, which just had to be seen to be believed, have it on video, but unable to load it onto the blog as yet.

Before elaborating on the Spirit Tree photo, it is appropriate that I tell you about the Butchulla peoples dreamtime story of Fraser Island and how it came into existence. Fraser Island is known to Butchulla people as K,gari, a brief overview of the legend of K'gari is as follows:

It was Beiral, the great God who lived in the sky, who made all of the people. however the people had no land, so he sent Yendingie, down from the sky, who then made sea and land. When he got to Hervey Bay, he had a helper with him, the beautiful 'White spirit goddess' K'gari. Yendingie and K'gari worked very hard to make everything. Yendingie suggested she go over to some rocks and have a sleep, and she did, when she awoke, she said to Yendingie "This is the most beautiful place we have ever made, I would like to stay here forever. Yendingie replied "you are a spirit and your place is with me." Yendingie finally relented and said he would have to change her, as she couldn't remain here in spirit form. So he changed her into the most beautiful island, and so she wouldn't be alone, he made the most amazingly beautiful trees and flowers and lakes. These lakes were specially mirrored, so she could look up into the sky to see what Yendingie was doing. She is still there today looking up at the sky, and is very happy indeed.

(an excerpt from Butchulla peoples website.)

Fraser Island is truly a place of very high biological diversity, and accordingly high levels of natural energy abound. Anthropological evidence show Butchulla habitation going back for over 5,000 years. I feel the presence of nature spirits very much alive on the island. some refer to them as nature devas, a gaian living energy field. Such as the devic work, in action at Findhorn Scotland.

The photo you are about to see was taken late in the afternoon on automatic shutter speed, because of the dim light conditions, the shutter speed would be slow, a little like time lapse photography, the photo has not been doctored in any way shape or form. I don't believe the camera has been moved to any significant extent. Knowing of the spiritual significance of the tree, Basho told me she felt a strong connection to the tree, just before she hit the shutter. What the camera captured, is true to type and still gives me goosebumps as to what the gossamer white lines could actually be. Could it be linked to the spirit of K'gari watching over us?

Keen to know what you think of this extraordinary photo.



if you have the ability to enlarge the photo as I have done, it gets even more amazing. it appears the lines captured on the right side of the tree are moving in a spiral swirling motion, encircling the tree and forming a head like structure at point of capture.

Much love to all, Bilbo and Basho.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb